- Building blocks of life:
- Component of every cell in your body
- Repair cells and broken tissue
- Hair skin and nails are mostly made of protein
- All foods made from meat, poultry, beans, eggs, soy products, nuts, and seeds
- Try to get at least 8 ounces of cooked seafood per week
- Your body does not store protein
- Most common protein, inexpensive
- May cause gassiness and bloating
- Use before / after training, as a snack, NOT at night
- Slow digesting, up to 5 – 7 hours
- Best taken at night before bed to help stay anabolic, can also use during the day to maintain a feeling of fullness.
- Whey Isolates
- Fast absorbing. More expensive.
- Great Pre and Post workout
- Perfect for those on a low carb diet. Most don’t contain high amounts of carbohydrates.
- Most expensive and highest anabolic affect.
- Easy on the digestive system
- Can be used pre and post workout
- Good source of protein for vegetarians. Loaded with glutamine (helps with recovery), Arginine (blood vessel dilation), and BCAA (recovery)
- Decreases cholesterol, boost thyroid hormone output
- Use both pre and post workout, throughout day, and as snacks
- Not preferred at night
- Milk Isolate
- Contains both casein and whey proteins. Full of amino acids (similar to Soy), mostly used in blended protein source.
- Not a preferred choice for anyone dieting or training hard
- Egg Albumin
- Great amino acids
- Not usually purchased as a powder but in a container as liquid
- Usually found in meal replacement shakes
- Speed recovery post exercise
- Reduce muscle loss
- Build lean muscle
- Maintain healthy weight
- Curb hunger
All of the staff are so nice & friendly! Dr. Ron & Dr. Amanda are both so kind, you can really tell they care about their patients. Dr. Amanda has... read more
Amanda Engels DC is awesome and the chics that work the stretching and xrays are great! 3x a week and seeing major progress. Saved me from physical... read more
when I came in the door I could barely walk the next day I was walking. The Chessea is awesome and she... read more